INDIAN RIVER COUNTY JOB OPENING
COMMUNITY HEALTH ADVOCATE - TOBACCO PREVENTION SPECIALIST
Send Cover Letter & Resume to: Valerie Graham, VGraham@QuitDoc.com
Overview: This is a highly responsible, full-time professional position responsible for initiating and coordinating tobacco prevention and control activities at the county level that focuses on: 1) preventing initiation among youth and adults; 2) increasing access to cessation resources; 3) reducing exposure to secondhand smoke; 4) promoting policy change to support tobacco-free social norms; 5) representing the QuitDoc Foundation in the community both locally and statewide .
This position serves as a liaison between the community, the QuitDoc Foundation, the Florida Department of Health, youth and adult organizations, tobacco-free partnerships, businesses and local agencies/organizations.
This position requires local travel, occasional regional/statewide travel, and some evening and/or weekend hours.
ANNUAL STARTING SALARY: $43,000.00
This is a drug free, vape-free, tobacco-free position and a Level II background check will be required.
experience is preferred.
Skills & Abilities: This position requires the ability to work independently, to supervise local staff (if applicable), and to work with youth and adults. Public speaking, coalition-building skills, program development, computer technology, word processing experience, and management skills are required. Knowledge of the local community and experience dealing with profit and nonprofit/civic organizations required. Marketing and public relations experience is preferred.
- Ability to develop and implement programs.
- Ability to work with youth and adults.
- Knowledge of coalition development and ability to build and maintain partnerships.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and work independently.
- Skilled in written and oral communications.
- Knowledge of evaluation methods and practices.
- Ability to plan, promote and carry out promotional events and/or tobacco control observances.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.