We are currently seeking restaurants to participate in The Great Chamber Chowder Challenge!
If you are a restaurant in the Sebastian River Area (SRA), we are inviting you to participate in a culinary opportunity to promote your restaurant to locals and visitors.
The event will be hosted by Capt. Hirams Resort and will take place in their front parking lot. There will be several local restaurants participating. Judges are the attendees who will pay $10 to sample everyone’s chowder, then cast their vote for the People's Choice Award.
There will be categories for seafood, chicken, and vegetable. We encourage participating restaurants to bring; menus, discount cards, signs, banners, stickers, and give-a-ways. You may also sell non-food promotional items from your restaurant if you would like. Please see rules and details of the event below. We look forward to bringing you this fun opportunity to showcase your restaurant to our locals and visitors.
- Judges will be attendees who will pay $10 to sample the chowder
- Sampling will end at 2:30pm for ballots to be counted
- People’s choice vote announced at 3pm
- People’s Choice Award plaque
- Recognition in Chamber and Visit SRA Newsletters
- Social media shout outs
- Table, chairs, and 10x10 tent (suggested)
- 3 gallons of chowder
- A person to serve the chowder to attendees
- Serving ladle
- 4 oz. tasting cups, spoons, and napkins
- Hot plate heating element and/or crock pot
- Extension cord
- Promotional materials for your restaurant; signs, banner, brochures, menus, giveaways, etc.
- Tablecloth with logo or colors (disposable tablecloth will be provided)
- Deadline for entries is January 24th.
- Please register below or mail payment to: Sebastian River Area (SRA) Chamber of Commerce at 700 Main Street, Sebastian, FL 32958.
- Please make at least 3 gallons of chowder a head of time.
- Style of chowder is up to you. Categories are seafood, chicken, and vegetable.
- Teams are responsible for keeping their chowder hot.
- Power will be provided.
- No propane tanks allowed.
- No open flames.
- Please be set up at your designated spot by 10:30am.
- Please have chowder prepared and hot for sampling at 11am.
- Please have someone serving the chowder from 11am until 2:30pm.
- Safe food handling practices are the responsibility of each team.
- Garbage bins will be provided.
- You may sell non-food promotional items at your table.